My name is John Ward, day-to-day I’m an Account Manager / Sales Consultant. I’m also a Software Engineer, Open Source Maintainer and 3d Graphics Programmer
My day job is an Account Management role working with the big tech companies. Software Engineering is what I love doing, as I spent many years as a Software Engineer / Project Manager / Technical Lead / Group Manager (LinkedIn Profile here) working in the telecommunications/semiconductor / automotive industries, working on exciting projects. Here is my Github.
When I am in the office (pre-COVID), I am based right in the heart of Manchester with Codethink, who are part of the thriving technology scene. Codethink is one of the best companies in the world companies in the world at FOSS and Linux.
I have been programming since the ZX Spectrum (+2 with Cassette!- not the original) and BBC Micro was first released.
I also worked on one of the very first smartphones.
Nokia 6600 and Nokia 7610:
I can help you with
- Improving or creating Computer Graphics, for example with mainly OpenGL but also familier with DirectX, Vulcan etc. I will eventually just work on Vulkan, but still using OpenGL at the moment.
- Display stack architecture improvements
- Porting applications to Rust
- Implementing / debugging / contributing Rust
- Project Management, Technical Leading – general software project delivery
- Making your software building faster remove the bottlenecks
- Build a Sales Strategy and grow your company
Away from the office, you will find me spending time with my family, on a windy beach kitesurfing, paddleboarding, or out on my bike heading up a mountain road or trail.
In this picture, I’m kitesurfing at one of my favourite beaches (Gwithian in Cornwall)